This session you will be making 144 corner-square-triangles.
You will need:
- the pattern: Island Chain by Eye Candy Quilts
- cut fabrics D, E & F
- a rotary cutter with a sharp blade
- cutting mat
- a ruler
- pencil or fabric marking pen
- optional: Tucker Trimmer by Studio 180 Design®
- optional: rotating cutting mat
The instructions for the corner-square-triangles can be found at the top of page 3 of your pattern. There are 7 construction steps.
1. Sew a E triangle to one side of an F square.
2. Press towards the triangle.
3. Sew another E triangle to the adjacent side of the F square. Be sure to check the diagram to ensure you have the orientation correct.
4. Press towards the triangle.
5. Position a D triangle on the above unit by lining up the 90° corners and having the D triangle on top, stitch along the long side of the triangle.
6. Press towards the larger triangle.
7. Square the corner-square-triangle to 3½”.
Using the remaining D, E and F fabric pieces, make a total of 144 corner-square-triangles.
Pin the similar fabric groups together.