Island Chain - 2 - Combination Square Triangles May 23 2020
This session you will be making 144 combination-square-triangles.
You will need:
- the pattern: Island Chain by Eye Candy Quilts (available online HERE)
- cut fabrics A, B & C
- a rotary cutter with a sharp blade
- cutting mat
- a ruler
- pencil or fabric marking pen
- optional: Tucker Trimmer by Studio 180 Design® (available online HERE)
- optional: rotating cutting mat
The instructions for the combination-square-triangles can be found at the bottom of page 2 of your pattern. There are basically 11 construction steps.
1. Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of a B square.
2. Position an A square right sides together with the above B.
3. Sew a scant ¼” on each side of the drawn line.
Using the remaining A and B squares, make a total of 144 combination-square-triangles.
Pin the similar fabric groups together.
When using a Tucker Trimmer, position the half-moon symbol at the top right and line up the 45° line on the seam line. Also, position the perpendicular 3½” dashed line on the other seam. This will ensure that the intersection of seams will be centered.